Welcome to the April 2023 Creative Card-iology Team Blog Hop! We’re glad you've joined us to check out this month’s cardmaking inspiration featuring some of our favorite retiring products. You can hop along with us by clicking on the links to my teammates’ blogs toward the bottom of this post. We always appreciate your feedback, so please let us know you've stopped by and leave a comment.
I love lighthouses and have visited several lighthouses along the east coast on vacation. My kitchen is full of lighthouse décor – towels and potholders, dishes and several paintings by my father and uncle. So it’s no surprise that one of my favorite retiring products is the Lighthouse Dies collection. The coordinating stamp set retired as well, but is now sold out and no longer available.
I used quite a few other retiring products in my card – the Gray Granite ¼” Shimmer Ribbon, the Sun Prints DSP, the Layering Circle Dies, and several of the ink pads.
During one of my online scrolling sessions, I saw a short video by another demonstrator demonstrating a technique for creating a blended ink framed in a circle that I’ve used in this project. I thought I saved the video to go back and rewatch, but I couldn’t find it again and am unable to give credit to that demonstrator!
Here are the cutting measurements and steps I followed to make this card:
Night of Navy Card Base – 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
Gray Granite Layer 1 – 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
Sun Prints DSP Layer 2 – 3 3/4” x 5”
Gray Granite Square Layer 3 – 2 7/8” x 2 7/8”
Basic White Square Layer 4 – 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”
Night of Navy Square Layer 5 – 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”
Basic White Die Cuts (Lighthouse and Sentiment Label) – 2” x 3”
Small Pieces of Crushed Curry, Real Red and Basic Black for Lighthouse Pieces
Gray Granite ¼” Shimmer Ribbon – one 4 3/4” long and one 3 3/4” long
Die cut lighthouse pieces and sentiment label from Basic White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry and Real Red cardstock.
2. Using a 2 1/2” circle die from the Layering Circles Dies collection, die cut a circle from the center of the Night of Navy Square Layer 5 and from the center of a 3”x3” sticky note.
3. Tear a second sticky note to form an uneven edge.
4. Layer square sticky note with circle cut from center over the Basic White Square Layer 4.
5. Beginning at bottom of circle, blend ink in layers along edge of torn sticky note using blending brushes in the following order: Gray Granite, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy.
6. Stamp sentiment on die cut label in Night of Navy ink.
7. Adhere DSP Layer 2 to Gray Granite Layer 1.
8. Adhere the Night of Navy Square Layer 5 over the Basic White Square Layer 4, lining up the blended ink circle and the Night of Navy circle frame.
9. Adhere this matted square to the Gray Granite Square Layer 3 and then adhere this square mat to the DSP matted layer centering top-to-bottom and side-to-side.
10. Adhere one end of the Gray Granite ribbon to the back of the matted layers directly under the square framed layer, bring the other end around to and across the front, and adhere the end to the back of the matted layers.
11. Adhere matted layers to card front.
12. Adhere the lighthouse pieces with mini glue dots as shown.
13. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the right end of the sentiment label and one mini glue dot on the back of the left end of the sentiment label and adhere the sentiment label to the card front.
14. Slide the remaining piece of ribbon underneath the left end of the ribbon already attached to the card front and tie a knot. Trim as needed.
I hope you enjoyed this project! There’s only a few more days to order retiring products. The new catalog goes live on May 4th! You can check out the Last Chance products here.
Don’t forget to check out my teammates’ blogs by clicking on the links below!
Love the card and tutorial especially the circle.ReplyDelete
Love the color very prettyReplyDelete