Welcome to our March 2023 Creative Card-iology Team Blog Hop! We’re glad you've joined us to check out this month’s cardmaking inspiration featuring products from the Online Exclusives released this month. You can hop along with us by clicking on the links to my teammates’ blogs toward the bottom of this post. We always appreciate your feedback, so please let us know you've stopped by and leave a comment.
At the beginning of March, Stampin’ Up! released some products that you’ll only find online. Some products will be restocked, but others will only be available while supplies last. One of these products is the Hello Irresistible Suite Collection. From this collection, I’ve chosen to use the Hello Irresistible 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper and the Loose Frosted Dots. I also used a 2” circle punch that is currently available online.
The DSP is so beautiful with its soft color washes and botanical and floral designs. I paired this beautiful paper with the Friendly Gnomes stamp set to make a magical spring birthday card.
Here are the cutting measurements and steps I followed to make this card:
Petal Pink Card Base – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored and folded at 4 ¼”
Flirty Flamingo Layer 1 – 2 ¼” x 5 ½”
Hello Irresistible DSP Layer 2 – 2” x 5 ½”
Basic White Circles and Gnome Die Cut Layer – 4 ½” x 5 ¾”
Basic White Inside Layer – 4” x 5 ¼”
Flirty Flamingo ¼” Metallic Ribbon – one piece approximately 6 ½” long
1. From larger Basic White cardstock piece, punch two circles with the 2” circle punch and die cut a stitched circle using the second largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies collection leaving room to stamp the gnome image.
2. Stamp the gnome image in Memento Ink onto the remainder of the Basic White piece and die cut the gnome with the corresponding die from the Gnomes Dies collection.
3. Stamp sentiment in Memento ink at bottom of one of the 2” punched circles.
4. Stamp bird image in Memento ink at top left of the other 2” punched circle.
5. Stamp floral image in Memento ink at left of stitched circle die cut, at right edge of inside layer and in bottom corner of an envelope.
6. Stamp birthday sentiment on inside layer.
7. Color the gnome, bird and floral image with Stampin’ Blends – I used Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake Blends Combo packs to color my stamped images. I placed a piece of scrap cardstock inside my envelope underneath my stamped floral image before using the Blends so that the color did not run through to the back of the envelope.
8. Adhere DSP Layer 2 to Layer 1.
9. Adhere one end of the Flirty Flamingo ribbon to the top back of the matted layers, bring the other end down the front length of the layers, and adhere it to the bottom back of the matted layers.
10. Adhere matted layers to card front approximately ¼” from left side.
11. Adhere punched circles to card front with adhesive or glue dots, positioning them along the edge of the matted layers approximately ½” from top and bottom.
12. Place glue dots on back of stitched circle die cut and adhere to card front as shown.
13. Adhere Gnome image with Stampin’ Dimensionals to card front at right edge of stitched circle.
14. Adhere Loose Frosted Dots on card front as desired.
15. Adhere inside layer to inside of card base.
I hope you enjoyed this project! I love how my card turned out, and will be sending this card along to one of my sisters, whose birthday is this weekend! Shhh, don’t tell her its coming!
The Loose Frosted Dots and Stylish Shapes dies are not currently orderable but are expected to be orderable again later in April and May!
Thanks again for hopping with us today! Don’t forget to check out my teammates’ blogs by clicking on the links below!
Listed below are the specific products used to make my card.