Welcome to the July 2023 Creative Card-iology Team Blog Hop! We’re glad you've joined us to check out this month’s cardmaking inspiration featuring Stampin’ Up’s Online Exclusives.
I chose the One Horse Open Sleigh Suite Collection and a simple Z Fold for my project this month. The Designer Series Paper in this suite has some really beautiful scenic 6x6 paper designs! And the Horse and Sleigh stamp set and dies have a nostalgic winter theme that brings back fond memories of holidays with my grandparents as the call to mind the old holiday song “Over the River and Through the Woods.”
Here are the cutting measurements:
Misty Moonlight Card Base – 4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”
Basic White – 2 pieces 2 ½” x 4”, 1 piece 2 ½” x 5 ½” and 1 piece ¾” x 3”
One Horse Open Sleigh DSP – 2 pieces from same pattern 2 ½” x 4”
Basic Black – 1 piece 2 ½” x 5 ½”
Black Bakers Twine – approximately 15” long
1. Fold Misty Moonlight Card Base at 5 ½” score mark.
2. Fold card base back in opposite direction along 2 ¾” score mark.
3. Stamp sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink on ¾” x 3 ¼” Basic White piece.
4. Punch ends of sentiment label with Happy Labels Pick A Punch.
5. Stamp horse and sleigh image in Memento ink on the 2 ½” x 5 ½” Basic White piece and color with Stampin’ Blends (I used Real Red, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Boho Blue, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, and Ivory Blends).
6. Die cut colored horse and sleigh image.
7. Die cut a second horse and sleigh from the Basic Black piece.
8. Adhere colored horse and sleigh die cut to Basic Black horse and sleigh die cut, offsetting it just a bit to give a shadow effect.
9. Adhere 1 piece of DSP on far left panel and the other on the far right side of the card front.
10. Adhere the 2 remaining Basic White pieces (2 ½” x 4”) to the center 2 sections of the card base.
11. Place glue dots on back of sleigh and the tip of the horse’s tail and adhere to left and bottom of DSP card front panel (making sure that die cut is only adhered to this left panel).
12. Place small amount of adhesive on back of sentiment label and adhere looped Black Bakers Twine to back of sentiment label.
13. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on back of sentiment label so that left and center of sentiment label are adhered to DSP panel but right end of sentiment label swings free when card is opened.
14. Place snowflake embellishments on sentiment label/card front as desired.
15. In center of each snowflake embellishment, place an Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewel.
I hope you enjoyed this project! Don’t forget to check out my teammates’ blogs by clicking on the links below! We appreciate your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment!
Thanks for hopping with us today! I hope you'll check out all of the online exclusive products at my webstore. There's still time to earn bonus coupons this month - for every $50 ordered, you'll earn a $5 bonus coupon that you can use toward a purchase in August.
Our team always has a great time stamping and inspiring each other, and we'd love to have you join us! I'd love to answer any questions you might have!Product List