Welcome to the April Creative Card-iology Team Blog Hop where we are featuring punch bundles from the January - June 2022 Mini Catalog! After you've checked out my blog, follow the links below to hop on over to my teammates' blogs!
I chose to use the Let’s Set Sail Bundle, which includes the Let’s Set Sail stamp set and the Sailboat Builder punch (found on page 70 in the Mini Catalog). This set is a great set to make masculine, graduation or encouragement cards.
Hopes and dreams require action to come to fruition. Harvey MacKay, a businessman, author and columnist, said that “A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.” Where would we be without people who hoped, dreamed and action. I wouldn’t be sharing this card if the founders of Stampin’ Up! hadn’t dreamed and taken action!
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock - 4 ¼” x 11” (scored and folded at 5 ½”)
- Layer 1: Night of Navy cardstock - 3” x 4 ¼”
- Layer 2: Basic White cardstock - 4 ¼” x 5 ¼” (trimmed to 2 ¾” x 4” after ink is applied
- Sailboat: Basic white - large enough to fit into punch
- White Baker’s Twine: Approximately 20”
- Cut cardstock as listed above.
- With blending brushes, brush ink colors across Layer 2, starting with Daffodil Delight at horizon level (a little under that halfway point).
- Below the horizon level brush Pool Party and then Pacific Point, blending each color into the next.
- Above the horizon level, brush Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy, again blending each color into the next.
- Trim Layer 2 to 2 ¾” x 4”.
- Stamp sentiment in lower right corner of Layer 2 in Night of Navy ink.
- Stamp birds about ½” from top center of Layer 2 in Night of Navy ink.
- Punch sailboat pieces from Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp boat image onto punched boat piece in Night of Navy ink.
- Stamp sail images onto punch sail pieces in Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Wrap White Bakers Twine around Layer 2 twice at the horizon level and then tie a knot and bow.
- Adhere Layer 2 to Night of Navy Layer 1 with adhesive.
- Adhere matted Layers to cardfront.
- Adhere stamped sailboat and sails to card front with Mini Dimensionals.
- Add Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels to Layer 2 as desired.
Thanks for hopping with us today. I hope you dream a dream or two, and take action toward those dreams!
Don’t forget to check out my teammates’ blogs by clicking on the links below! We want your feedback, so please let us know you stopped by commenting and sharing what you loved about the projects!
I love it Kim!ReplyDelete
Love the Card Kim!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card Kim! I love the blended background and dream of sailing off into the sunset with a warm ocean breeze at my back!ReplyDelete