This month’s Creative
Card-iology Team Blog Hop highlights bundles from the Savings are in Bloom sale
that runs through the end of March. This
special promotion features the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and 13 stamp
and die bundles, all of which can be purchased at 20% off the full retail price
during this sale.
I love my Mini Stampin’
Cut & Emboss machine – it’s so easy to use and very portable! When I’m needing to take a project on the go,
I just pack my machine along with my stamp set, dies or embossing folders, ink,
precut paper, and other supplies in my Stampin’ Up! lunch bag – and I’m ready
While I do enjoy reading books on my electronic devices, I still love holding a book in my hands and turning the pages as I read. I often have several books in process, so I’m always in need of a bookmark to hold my spot! My project today, using the Garden Wishes bundle, is a bookmark that fits over the top of a page. This over-the-page design helps the bookmark to stay in place.
Here are the directions to make this bookmark:
- Cut the following pieces:
Bookmark Base: Cut a piece of Just Jade cardstock (one of the soon-to-be retired 2020-2022 In Colors) to measure 2” x 11”, score and fold it in half.
Layer 1: Cut a piece of Just Jade cardstock measuring 13/4” x 47/8”.
Sentiment and Die Cuts: Cut 2 pieces of Basic White cardstock measuring 21/2” x 4”.
Ribbon: 8-10” of the Just Jade Gingham Ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
- Slide folded bookmark base almost all of the way in to the tag topper punch, but leave enough room so that the top scallop does not punch the fold.
- Place Layer 1 in the selected Greenery Embossing Folder and run it through the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp floral image on one of the pieces of Basic White cardstock in Just Jade ink.
- Stamp sentiment and bee image on the second piece of Basic White cardstock in Just Jade ink.
- Die cut the floral and bee images with the coordinating dies using the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Cut the stamped sentiment apart as shown.
- Adhere the embossed layer to the front of the bookmark base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Adhere the cut sentiment pieces to the top and bottom of the embossed layer and then adhere the die cut floral image with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Adhere the die cut bee with a few stacked glue dots.
- Slide the ribbon through the slot at the top of the bookmark and knot the ribbon so that the knot is toward the front of the bookmark. Then finish it off by tying a bow and trim edges of ribbon as needed.
All of the bundles in the Savings are in Bloom promotion work well with the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, and you can check out all the details here.
Don’t forget to visit my teammates’ blogs by clicking on the links below!