Thanks for checking out our October Creative Card-iology Team Blog Hop! Our theme this month is anything relating to the fall season! You can hop on over to my teammates’ blogs for some more autumn inspiration by clicking on the links toward the bottom of this post.
Our team creative challenge this month is “My favorite color is October,” and I decided to create my blog project around this theme as well. I do love the fall season for a lot of reasons, not least is the turning of the leaves from green to the gorgeous autumn colors.
The Hello Harvest bundle was a perfect choice to highlight the October theme. I love the sentiments and images in this bundle!
I also decided to use a fun book-fold design for my card. Directions for creating the card are below.
- Card Base – 4 ¼” x 11” Blushing Bride Cardstock
- Layer 1 – One 4” x 4” and One 1” x 4” Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
- Layer 2 – One 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” and One 7/8” x 3 7/8” Texture Chic Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Inside Layer and Die Cuts – One 4” x 4”, Two 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” and One 1 ½” x 4” Basic White Cardstock
- Real Red 3/8” Ribbon – One piece approximately 4 ½” and one piece approximately 4” long
Stamping, Die Cutting and Assembly Instructions:
1. Score card base at 4 ¼” and 5 ½”.
2. Fold card base in half at 5 ½” score. Fold cardbase along the 4 ¼” mark so that the card front folds up as a book would.
3. Tap leaf image on Blushing Bride ink pad and apply Cherry Cobbler ink around edge of stamp with Blending Brush. Then stamp image on white cardstock. Repeat for second leaf image.
4. Stamp pumpkin and small flower images in Cherry Cobbler ink on white cardstock.
5. Die cut pumpkin, leaves and floral image using Rustic Pumpkin Dies.
6. Die cut a circle using the second largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies collection.
7. Stamp “Hello” sentiment at the top and toward the right of the circle die cut, and stamp “You are such a blessing” sentiment and small flower images on white inside 4” x 4” layer.
8. Outline pumpkin image with Light Cajun Craze Blend. Color all of the inside of the image with Light Pumpkin Pie Blend, and then add some shading around edge with Dark Pumpkin Pie Blend. Color pumpkin stem in same manner with Dark and Light Old Olive Blends.
9. Color small flower with Petal Pink Blend. Add shading with Light Flirty Flamingo Blend at center of flower and base of petals.
10. Color Real Red ribbon pieces and three pearls with Dark Cherry Cobbler Blend.
11. Adhere Layer 2 pieces of Texture Chic DSP to coordinating Layer One pieces of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
12. Adhere ends of longer ribbon piece to the top and bottom of the thinner matted layers.
13. Adhere larger square matted layer to the right side of the scored card front, and adhere thinner matted layer to the left part of the scored card front.
14. Adhere stamped circle to the top right of card front.
15. Apply mini glue dots to back of pumpkin image and adhere to card front, overlapping the bottom left of the circle. Apply mini glue dots to back of leaves and adhere to bottom of pumpkin. Apply mini glue dots to the back of the flower and adhere the flower to the center of the leaves.
16. Place colored pearls on circle as desired and our card is finished!
I would love to hear what you think of this project or if you try it out yourself! You can leave a comment below!
Stampin’ Up! has a great special join offer this month! There are four more days to get $155 of product for just $99 plus tax – and it includes free shipping! We’d love to have you join our team of stampers. You can click here for more information on how to take advantage of this special, or you can email me at email@example.com with any questions!
Thanks for hopping with us today! Don’t forget to check out my teammates’ blogs by clicking on the links below!
Products used for my card project are listed below.Product List
I love your card and how you stamped and blended everything.Also love the layout! Great job!ReplyDelete
What a very lovely card. I love fall. and all the colorsReplyDelete
Beautiful Book Binding Card! What a fun combo of the Hello Harvest Pumpkin with the Texture Chic DSP!ReplyDelete